To put on a duvet cover, turn the cover inside out and place it over the duvet. Use the opening at the bottom to reach in and grab the corners of the duvet and pull through the cover until it’s completely on.
Now, use the following tips to make the whole process easier. Putting on a duvet cover can be a struggle for many. While it may seem like a simple task, even the most experienced homeowners can find it challenging. A duvet is a great investment as it’s both stylish and practical.
However, getting it onto the cover isn’t always easy. In this article, we will give you expert tips and tricks on how to put on a duvet cover in minutes. Whether you are changing up your bedding or simply washing the cover, these tips will make the process a breeze. So, keep reading to find out how to put on a duvet cover easily and quickly.
- Understanding The Basics Of A Duvet Cover
- Preparing Your Bed For The Duvet Cover
- Putting On The Duvet Cover
- Finishing Up
- Frequently Asked Questions Of How To Put On A Duvet Cover
Understanding The Basics Of A Duvet Cover
Definition Of A Duvet Cover
A duvet cover is a protective layer that goes over your comforter or duvet. It’s similar to a giant pillowcase but with buttons or a zipper to keep it closed. Duvet covers come in various sizes, styles, and materials to match any bedroom décor.
They can be easily removed and washed, protecting your bedding from spills, stains, and wear-and-tear.
Get The Guide: Top 30 Trendy Duvet Cover Ideas
Benefits Of Using A Duvet Cover
Using a duvet cover offers several benefits, including:
- Protection: Duvet covers provide protection for your comforter, keeping it clean and extending its lifespan.
- Easy cleaning: Duvet covers are easy to remove and machine wash, making cleaning your bedding quick and effortless.
- Versatility: Duvet covers allow you to easily change the look and feel of your bedding without buying new comforters.
- Comfort: Duvet covers can add an additional layer of insulation, providing you with more warmth and comfort when sleeping.
- Cost-effective: Duvet covers are often less expensive than buying a new comforter and can save you money in the long run.
Types Of Duvet Covers
There are several types of duvet covers available in the market. Some of them are:
- Egyptian cotton duvet covers: Egyptian cotton is luxurious, soft, and durable, making it one of the most popular materials for duvet covers.
- Linen duvet covers: Linen duvet covers are lightweight, breathable, and highly absorbent, perfect for hot summer nights.
- Flannel duvet covers: Flannel is popular for keeping you warm in the winter months, with a brushed texture that enhances its softness and coziness.
- Silk and satin duvet covers: Silk and satin covers are shiny, soft, and gentle on the skin. They can feel cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Microfiber duvet covers: Microfiber covers are affordable, hypoallergenic, and wrinkle-resistant. They are low-maintenance and excellent for families with young kids and pets.
Now that you understand the basics of a duvet cover, you can invest in one that best suits your needs, style, and preferences. Adding a duvet cover to your bedding can be the missing piece that ties together your bedroom décor while providing you with endless comfort and practical benefits.
Preparing Your Bed For The Duvet Cover
Getting your bed ready for a duvet cover is an important part of the process. Doing it properly will help you achieve a neat and tidy look, ensuring that your duvet cover stays in place.
Prepping Your Duvet
Before you put your duvet in its cover, give it a good shake to fluff it up and restore its shape. This will make it easier to put into the cover and will also help it look fuller and more comfortable.
Flattening Out Your Duvet Cover
Lay your duvet cover flat on top of your bed with the opening at the foot of the bed. Use your hands to smooth out any wrinkles and ensure that the cover is evenly spread across the bed. This step is important to ensure that your duvet sits nicely in the cover and does not get bunched up.
Aligning The Duvet Cover To Your Bed
Once you have flattened out your duvet cover, it is time to insert your duvet. Begin by placing your duvet at the head of the bed, making sure that it is evenly aligned with the edges of the cover. Then, gradually work your way down the length of the bed, making sure that the duvet stays evenly aligned within the cover.
Once everything is in place, zip or button up the cover.
Remember, taking time to make sure that your duvet and its cover are properly aligned can make all the difference in achieving a comfortable, tidy bed.
Putting On The Duvet Cover
Inserting Your Duvet Into The Cover
Putting on a duvet cover can be a frustrating task, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some simple steps to make this task easier. To start, insert your duvet into the cover by following these steps:
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and lay it flat on the bed.
- Lay the duvet on top of the cover. Make sure that the corners are lined up.
- Starting at the top, roll up the duvet and cover together.
- Once you reach the end, reach inside and grab the corners of the duvet cover, then pull them down over the corners of the duvet.
Secure The Four Corners Of The Cover
After you’ve inserted your duvet, securing the cover will prevent it from slipping and sliding. Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the corner ties on the inside of the duvet cover, located at each corner.
- Tie the duvet ties to the loops on the inside of the cover to keep the duvet from shifting around inside.
- Pull the duvet cover over the comforter and shake it out to remove any wrinkles, making sure the corners of the duvet match the corners of the cover.
Pull The Duvet Cover To The End Of The Bed
Finally, pull the duvet cover to the end of the bed, ensuring that it’s secure and looks neat.
- With your hands on the inside of the cover, grab the bottom and pull it down to the end of the bed.
- Next, ensure the cover’s edges hang uniformly on both sides of the bed.
- Fluff the duvet and adjust it until it looks full and even.
By following these simple steps, you can transform your bed and enjoy a comfortable and stylish night’s sleep.
Putting on a duvet cover can be a challenging task, especially after washing. However, with a few tips and tricks, the process can be made easy. In this section, we will delve into the finishing touches of putting on a duvet cover, from fluffing your duvet to styling your bed.
Fluffing Your Duvet
Fluffing your duvet is an essential step to achieve maximum comfort and coziness. It helps to distribute the fillings of the duvet evenly and create a fuller look. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Shake your duvet vigorously to distribute the fillings.
- Smooth the surface of the duvet to remove any wrinkles.
- Beat the duvet cover with your hands to fluff it up.
Using Duvet Ties Or Clips
Using duvet ties or clips will ensure that your duvet stays in place, preventing it from bunching or gathering in one place. Here’s how to do it:
- Attach one end of the clip or tie to the corner of the duvet.
- Locate the corresponding corner of the duvet cover and attach the other end.
- Repeat the process for the other corners.
Styling Your Bed
Styling your bed is all about creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere. It gives your bedroom a polished and finished look. Here’s how to style your bed in a few simple steps:
- Start by choosing a color scheme that complements your décor.
- Layer your bed with sheets, a duvet cover, and pillows.
- Add throw pillows and blankets to add texture and warmth.
- If you have a headboard, consider adding wall décor above it for a focal point.
These tips will help you put on your duvet cover seamlessly, giving your bed a cozy and inviting look. With a few simple finishing touches, you can transform your bedroom into a warm and comfortable haven.
Frequently Asked Questions Of How To Put On A Duvet Cover
How Do You Put On A Duvet Cover Solo?
To put on a duvet cover solo, turn the cover inside out and place it on top of the comforter. Then, roll both the duvet cover and comforter together and reach inside the duvet cover to grab the corners. Lastly, shake it out and zip/button up!
Can You Put A Duvet Cover In The Dryer?
Yes, you can put a duvet cover in the dryer, but make sure to choose the tumble dry option and set it to low heat. To prevent wrinkling and clumping, throw in a few dryer balls or clean tennis balls to keep it fluffy and evenly distributed.
What Is The Difference Between A Duvet Cover And A Comforter?
A duvet cover is a protective layer that goes over a comforter. The comforter is already filled with insulation, while a duvet cover requires you to insert your own comforter inside. Plus, duvet covers are easily washable and have interchangeable designs, while comforters are not.
Do You Put A Top Sheet Over A Duvet Cover?
It’s up to your personal preference. Some people like to use a top sheet with a duvet cover to add extra layers and warmth, while others prefer just the duvet cover. You can always remove the top sheet during warmer months and use it in colder months with the duvet cover.
How Often Should You Wash A Duvet Cover?
It is recommended to wash a duvet cover every two to four weeks. This will help remove any dirt, sweat, and dust mites that accumulate over time. However, washing too frequently can damage the fabric and reduce its lifespan, so it’s important to follow the care instructions on the label.
Overall, putting on a duvet cover can seem like a daunting task, but by following these steps it can be a breeze. Remember to start by shaking out your duvet and cover, turning the cover inside out and placing on top of the duvet.
Then pull the cover down and close with the buttons or zipper. Finally, shake out the cover and fluff the duvet for a perfectly made bed. These steps can save time and energy, while also ensuring your duvet stays in place and your bed looks neat and tidy.
Don’t forget to choose a cover that fits your personal style and design preferences. By using these tips, putting on a duvet cover can be a stress-free and easy task. Happy bed making!